Andreas Paparrousos was born in Athens in 1975. He has studied Philosophy at the University of Athens and at the same time Composition, Harmony, Counterpoint and Fuge with Ioannis. He also had piano lessons with Anastasia Parissi, Claudia Birkholz and church organ lessons with Christos Paraskevopoulos. In 2002 he recieved his Diploma in Philosophy and in 2005 his Master in Systematic Philosophy. From 2005 he continued his studies in Composition with Younghi Pagh-Paan at the music University in Bremen.
He is a member of the „Enargia“ group in Athens and initiator of the Ensemble New Babylon in Bremen.
His works has been performed among others by „Ensemble Recherche “ and from interpreters such as Zsigmond Szathmary and Margit Kern, and in countries such as Greece, Italy, Portugal, Germany and Canada
His compositions are focused at the ancient greek theory of „ethos“ in the music and how the sound can possibly affect at a maximum level the whole entity of the listener.
Today he lives and works as a composer in Bremen.
– 5•1 : for Cembalo and 4 Percussionists 2006
– 3•1 : for Bariton, Bass and Percussion 2007
– 3•2 : for 2 Barock Oboi and Triangle 2007
– o•1 : for church organ (4 hands) 2007
– 6•1: for Ensemble (Fl, Ob, Pno Vn, Va, Vc) 2007
– 6•2: for Ensemble (CbssFl, TnrOb, Cl, Vn, Va,Vc) 2008
– e1b: electronic Komposition 2008 (Hfk)
– 3o : for 3 church organs 2009 ( St Petri Dom in Bremen )
– i1 : Soundinstallation 2009
– 2•2 : for church organ and percussion 2011 (St. Stephani Bremen)
– 6•o : for 6 church organs (Honor Price in 1. International Composition Machado e Cerveira) 2011
– 13•1 : for Soprano and Ensemble (Picc, Ob, Cl, Bsscl, Kfg, Hrp, Perc, 2 Vn, Va, Vc, Cbss) 2012
– 11•1: for Ensemble (2 Fl, Fg, 3 Perc, el. Pno, 2 Vn, Va, Vc) 2013
– 16•1: for solo Oboe and Ensemble (Fl, Cl, Bsscl/AltSax, Fg, Hrn, Trpt, Tomb, Perc, Pno, Hrp, 2 Vn, Va, Vc, Cbss) 2013
– 1•2: for solo Piano
– 1•3: for solo Accordeon (Margit Kern, 2015)
– 5•1: for Ensemble (Ob, Cl, Vn, Va, Perc) 2016
– 8•1 : für Ensemble (Ob, Cl, Vn, Va, 2 Per ) , Electronic (4 Canals ) and Dance (Resonanzkörper project at the “Tanz!” Festival Bremen ) 2017